When is my court date?
Your pretrial conference and trial dates are written on the order given to you at your initial appearance or arraignment. If you have a question regarding your court date, please contact the Page Magistrate Court at (928) 645-4280.

What if I cannot make my court date?
You will need to submit a written request to the City Magistrate Court to continue your court date. Make sure you include in your request your name, the case number, the court date that you want to continue and the reason for your request. You may hand-deliver your request to Page Magistrate Court, 547 Vista Ave., Page, Arizona 86040, or mail it Page Magistrate Court, P.O. Box 1180, Page, Arizona 86040. You must also submit a copy of your request to the prosecutor. Mail the copy to: Page City Attorney’s Office, P.O. Box 1180, Page, Arizona 86040 or hand-deliver a copy to: 697 Vista Ave., Page, Arizona 86040.

Who do I call to find out if my court date has been continued?
Call the Page Magistrate Court at (928) 645-4280.

Where do I go to pay my fines?
Page Magistrate Court, 547 Vista Ave., Page, Arizona 86040.

I received a summons, now what do I do?
You will need to appear for the court date listed on your summons.

I have a warrant for my arrest, now what do I do?
You will need to contact one of the Page Magistrate Court and then appear before a judge. You may go to the Court or call (928) 645-4280.

Is my license suspended?
You will need to contact the Department of Motor Vehicles to find out whether your license has been suspended. The Page office is located at U.S. 89, Milepost 551.2, Page, Arizona 86040 or call (602) 255-0072.

Am I entitled to restitution?
If you are a victim of a crime, you may be entitled to restitution if your loss is the direct result of the crime. You should receive either a Victim’s Impact Statement or property damage letter from the City Attorney’s Office. If you did not receive one of these and you believe you are a victim or are entitled to restitution, you may contact the Page City Attorney’s Office at (928) 645-4256, or Victim Witness Services for Coconino County 201 E Birch Ave #4, Flagstaff AZ 86001 Telephone: (928) 856-7676 Fax: (928) 214-8775.

What is a restitution hearing?
A restitution hearing is a court proceeding at which evidence of your loss is submitted to the court. Your claimed loss may be contested by the defendant at the restitution hearing.

If I have an attorney, may I speak with a prosecutor?
No, only your attorney may contact the prosecutor assigned to the case. The City Attorney’s Office cannot talk to represented defendants without their lawyer present.

What if I want a public defender?
You will need to apply for the services of a public defender at the Page Magistrate Court. In most cases, however, you will not be granted a court-appointed attorney unless the State is seeking jail time. But, you may always hire your own attorney.

What if I want a jury trial?
You must submit a written request for a jury trial to the Page Magistrate Court. However, not all charges are entitled to a trial by jury. The judge will inform you at the time of your arraignment which charges are jury trial eligible.

I have a problem with my landlord/tenant, adoption, child custody, City Codes, etc. Who do I call?
Some adoption and child custody questions can be answered at the Coconino County Superior Court. Some landlord/tenant questions can be answered at Justice Court. The Coconino County Law Library and Self Help Center may be accessed via the internet at www.co.coconino.az.us/lawlibrary . For City Code questions, call the City Clerk at (928) 645-4221.

Are police officers the only ones who can sign a criminal complaint?
No, as a citizen, you may file a citizen’s complaint. First you must file a police report, then come into the City Attorney’s Office with the police report number and fill out a form requesting the police report be reviewed for charging. If the prosecutor decides to issue a complaint, either you or the prosecutor will need to sign it. If the prosecutor does not issue a complaint, you will receive a letter indicating why one will not be issued.

How do I sign a criminal complaint?
Complaints must be sworn to and signed before a City Magistrate. If the prosecutor who prepared the complaint wants you to sign it, the prosecutor will contact you to make arrangements for signing it at Court.

What is the difference between a felony and a misdemeanor?
A misdemeanor is a less serious offense than a felony, and may carry a fine of up to $2,500.00 plus 80% in surcharges and up to six (6) months in jail. A felony can involve significantly higher fines, prison time and in some cases the death penalty.

What are the functions of the City’s prosecutor?
The City Attorney is responsible for prosecuting those individuals who have been charged with committing misdemeanor crimes within the city limits of Page.
What do I do if I have questions regarding the law?

The City Attorney’s Office cannot provide legal advice to the public. Information is available at Northern Arizona University’s Cline Library. Limited information is available at the public library, or at the Coconino County Law Library, which is located at 200 N. San Francisco in Flagstaff. The telephone number for the County Law Library is (928) 779-6656. The Coconino County Law Library and Self Help Center may also be accessed online at www.co.coconino.az.us/lawlibrary . General information and other helpful resources are also available online at www.azlawhelp.org .

Disclaimer: The information in this website is for general purposes only and should not be construed as specific legal advice by the City Attorney’s Office or its attorneys. If you have specific legal questions please consult with your own lawyer. Sending us an email will not make you a client of this office or establish an attorney-client relationship. Anything you send us will not be confidential or privileged.